Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND) full-time and part-time programmes of the Federal Polytechnic, Offa for the 2018/2019 academic session
Federal Polytechnic Offa HND Full-Time Courses.
The underlisted two (2) year Full-Time programmes leading to the award of Higher National Diploma are available in the Institution.
1. SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
Science Laboratory Technology
Physics with Electronics option
2. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
Banking & Finance
3. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Library and Information Science
Office Technology and Management (OTM)
4. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Computer Engineering Technology
Electrical & Electronics Engineering in either
Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering Option or
Power and Machine Engineering Option
Manufacturing Engr. option
Power and Plant Engr. option
5. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
Please note that the HND Part-Time programmes are primarily for the working class; who for reason of employment cannot attend regular HND programmes.
It is also important to note that Part-Time HND graduates are exempted from participating in the National Youth Service (NYSC) Scheme.
Federal Poly Offa HND Admission Entry Requirements.
The entry requirements for all Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes are as follow:
1. Candidates are required to Possess National Diploma (ND), National Innovative Diploma (NID) in their chosen programme at not a grade below LOWER CREDIT classification from a recognized/accredited Polytechnic, Monotechnic or Innovation Enterprise Institutions.
2. SSC, GCE O’level with at least five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language & Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
3. The National Technical Certificate (NTC) or National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit level pass in a trade plus four relevant academic subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics.
4. Candidates are required to have at least one year post National
Diploma Industrial Training experience.
However, candidates with pass grade at the ND/NID are eligible for consideration for admission provided they have minimum of two (2) years post Industrial Training experience.
NOTE: Every applicant for the Polytechnic HND Programmes who did not obtain his/her ND from the Federal Polytechnic Offa are required to forward a copy of his/her National Diploma Transcript to the Office of the Registrar.
For details on the entry requirements peculiar to each of Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes, candidate should visit this Polytechnic Portal www.fpo.edu.ng
How to Apply for Federal Poly Offa HND Admission.
To apply online for HND (FT) and Part-Time HND programmes, candidates are to visit this Polytechnic portal: www.fpo.edu.ng, click on admission to fill application form, and thereafter make payment of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) only for application form and no other charges shall be required. Payment will be made with an ATM card that is interswitch compatible.
Candidates are to also upload scanned copy of certificate (s)/result(s) and other required documents as stated online.
Please note that any false/wrong data entry will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate at any time so discovered.
Closing Date: Friday, August 24, 2018.
Screening Date: All candidates will be duly informed of the screening date through either their phone and/or e-mail address.